Friday 30 October 2009

Ready for Halloween

Hello everyone.
As mentioned earlier in some post, time goes fast. A few days ago we "passed the Equator" ;-) of my official stay in the country of the rising sun(Spanish expression to say that half of the time has been already spent).

Everyday enjoying more and more. Language skills are improving rapidly at this stage. Vocabulary is growing and I feel I have lots of resources to communicate or to try to say what I want to say.

Currently, the distance with Europe is bigger than before. Last weekend in Europe the change to the "winter time" took place but in Asia we don´t have such a event. Now, 8 hours difference (we are ahead, now beginning Friday).

Regarding the weather, mild temperatures. Last Monday it rained like hell (and, I don´t know why, I decided that I would be brave and went to Waseda by bike!). I learnt during the day that it was a "typhoon" but only lasted the day. Next day, back to "springlike" weather. Gorgeous. Days and nights are still fine. When I check temperatures in The Hague or back in my hometown in Spain, the best ones are here in Tokyo :-)

The last weeks have been very intense. Besides the visit to Kansai area (with typhoon included) that was super interesting, my sister Yvette arrived to Japan. We did have a great time and she took splendid pictures that I will borrow to post here very soon.

Now my friend Raul is around (we met in a very "funny" situation, as a few months ago after flight was cancelled and we had to queue for several hours until the airline company fixed our next flight). He is at the moment visiting some places outside Tokyo but is coming tonight and I have quite some plans for the weekend.

Life in Tokyo is very interesting. You can do so many things!! (of course it takes time to know what´s happening and where). I cannot complain. I am not bad at finding sources of information. I feel active and have a fulfilling life here :-)

This weekend is Halloween. For more than a month many shops (as "Don Quijote" -interesting place to visit when in Japan!) have been promoting the event and have been selling plenty of stuff regarding this celebration. Tomorrow, together with some colleagues from "work" we are going to a huge party in Roppongi. On Sunday we will go to a Baseball match (Baseball is the most popular sport in Japan although all young male people that I have met told me that they love "soccer").

I have to go to class. I apologize for being so short. I wanted to let you know that I don´t forget you and that I appreciate how much you care for me. I promise to bring more stories and thoughts this weekend (with pictures, now I am having some problems with uploading them!)

1 comment:

  1. Itziar Martinez de Antoñana21 November 2009 at 01:52

    hola! me alegro un montón de haber empezado a leer tu blog y de que estés disfrutando, abrazos

    ReplyDelete