Friday 18 March 2011

Coming back!


Hello!
The title of this post has a double-meaning.
For long wanted to resume posting about my life in the last months, the connection to Japan, etc. There were so many things and ideas that never took the time to stay in front of the computer for some hours (I already do it for work and then try to avoid it when I am at home or during free time).

However, the urge to come back has a BIG reason and it is because of the unfortunate and devastating earthquake and tsunami suffered by Japan just one week ago. I don't have to explain about what I am talking about but would like to express my gratitude to all the people that either through my family or directly have thought of me the last days (many of them, the last news they had from me is that I was in Japan! -and I am not!-). It is true that 6 weeks ago I was there for work but came back to Europe in February.

As you can imagine, after the shocking news, I got in touch with the closest friends... then during the weekend, I tried to contact everyone I knew was in Japan at that moment (Japanese or not). Also I have some Japanese friends living in Europe and also contacted them.
Everybody that I know there is doing fine, I feel lucky because I have a lot of first-hand impressions, feelings and nice stories given the circumstances. In short, quite busy days, the last ones: work and interaction with Japan basically.

One year ago I was still living in Tokyo and most likely if I had been there now, I would have stayed and supporting them.

Now, supporting a fund-raising activity to help the really affected people.

To finish, the reason of the title of this post is because Japanese society is "coming back". They are already working hard to overcome the hard hit from last Friday (がんばれ!! :-))

Have a nice day, everybody, and will come to you soon!
(a link to the national japanese television -in English- http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/)

No comments:

Post a Comment