Wednesday 27 May 2009

I love London


Hello everyone,
I hope that those who had a long weekend could enjoy it a lot.

I missed this year the "Inter Office" event in Dresden.. :-(

However, although in London the holiday is moved to Monday (bank holiday) -therefore, yesterday-, we DID have class as usual.
Our speed is fast (the shinkansen is slow compared to us ;-( and now that I am getting back into the rythm (after not a very fruitful last week)... is almost time to go! :-(
Yes, in 72 hours we will have our final exam!!

For the rest, life in London, great. Not much time for experiencing or behaving as a tourist but great. The cosmopolitan atmosphere attracts me a lot (not to speak of the ambiance at the school -SOAS really packed of interesting, intellectual and diverse people from quite remote places all around the world).
Balls, parties and other celebrations are being held everywhere as the students are taking these days their final exams.

Among all the busy schedule and despite the lesson on Saturday... yes, we had time to go out. My call to the rest of the fellow-colleagues to do something together was very successful but as happens in big groups, it was very complicated to adapt to all tastes. In the end, each person went in small groups for dinner and meeting at 21:30 at Picadilly Square for drinks (irrealistic to my experience.... and I proved it right!!). Only 5 of us were at that time at the given place... the rest... finishing dinner or still getting ready. We went to a huge and nice pub that Gus knew (I liked the music there!:-)) and then we spent quite some time gathering the people that were approaching to the center. What happened? that by the time we moved the Pubs were closing. We were then around 15 people and thanks to Steve we could find a place were we could sit for some drinks... (quiet at that moment) and then go down to the club to dance... until I decided to retire and went home very well accompanied by two of my favourite ETP-Japan males! :-))

Sunday, quiet, Oxford street, walking around, relaxing, no plan, letting myself go, treating me and enjoying the beautiful day that London offered.
After all, I love London... and I think London loves me! ;-)

As for the International Hall where I live, also cool place to meet lots of people that stay for one reason or the other in London for a while(all ages!!)

The weather has been sunny and warm the last days but yesterday night there was a muggy weather... result?? heavy and long rain during the night and today morning (at least it makes the air fresher!

Well, I think I have made a fair summary of the last days!! Best wishes... and keep smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment