Monday 18 May 2009

Thanks!



Hello again. Today, 16th May (Sunday)
I want to thank to everyone that came on Friday. It was a very pleasant evening full of great people, people that I care for. I would like to apologize because I could not spend all the time that I would have liked with you. I forgot as well many things that I had prepared. Among one of them, the cake. The cake that I wanted to share with you and that you can see above this text. Here you have a picture. I have placed it on the fridge at work, in case you want to visit (S02G06)-but do it soon!-. I've left the cake and everything you need to enjoy it. I say "I've left" because unfortunately I won't be there to join you.

From tomorrow I will be in London following an intensive Japanese language training at SOAS, getting more acquainted with the language this time and improving communications skills in Japanese :-) I was at SOAS already 4 weeks ago and it was really an intense fortnight. The education is excellent, the Japanese teachers professional and motivating and I feel more confident now once I will be landing in Tokyo (in one month!) and will have to get hold of what I have learnt in the last months to survive!
The language programme so far is quite though. The whole day following lessons, from Monday to Saturday (and I promise that you have to have all the senses focused and concentrated -the Pilates principles help! ;-)). After the lessons, a little break with the colleagues and back to doing homework, revise the lessons and getting ready for the next day, new lesson and exam.

I am looking forward to meeting again my "adventure mates". In my class we are 8 people (from Hungary, Greece, Italy, France, Bulgaria and Spain). My colleagues come from different backgrounds and type of companies. The same for the rest. We are in total 36 people getting ready to become "Business Samurais". In total 5 groups of different levels. Amazing to see how many of them are so fluent and know so much about the complexities of the language, people and country. It is very enriching :-)I hope that this week we will finally find and have the approval on the apartment in Tokyo for the first weeks (meaning that I will have a postal address!).

That's all for now. You will here from me soon. Regards, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment