Monday 15 March 2010

Good bye and Welcome



This picture above was taken on Thursday, in a relaxed and happy atmosphere on "the day after" but also with some sadness involved because it was the last chance to see many people that were going to leave Japan a few hours later.

This week has been particularly intense with the farewell drink at work, Graduation ceremony, birthday party from Francesco, Robbie and Harumi... until very early in the morning... On Friday I met Taira-sensei and this time we had lunch and time to chat as friends because before our relationship was Teacher-pupil, really nice time and great teacher ^-^!

I also attended my Thursday evening Shiatsu lessons (and also I teach some Spanish to my class colleague Tatsuda-san). On Saturday, the weekly class at Temple University, before speaking through Skype with my family back in Spain, were ready to take the plane with destination, TOKYO!!

Yesterday, Sunday, sunny day and I have to say that now without the worries of homework, assignments or exams, I enjoy it so differently! ;-)
I met and help Nasayuki-san, a Japanese student from Tokyo University that is doing a research on Basque Language. While I was with him, I thought that somebody was pushing my chair, I turned and there was nobody, it was an "earthquake". Very noticeable one and long (I only had another experience that lasted a few seconds). Because we were sitting in a place looking out to the street, I could see the reactions of the rest of the people, just nothing at the beginning. When we all realized that it was quite a long one we only look up to the sky for a couple of seconds and continued with what we were doing. Luckily I was with Japanese, then, as they are more used than me I observed them and did the same... go on with life!! I thought of my family, they were at that moment at the airport in Spain but I would not inform them because from the distance sounds very scary and is not so much (I admit that I checked on Internet once at home and this time it was on the news in many places!)

I have collected in the last hours some Japanese songs that are added to the "Ipod" on this webpage. Hope you like it (you can scroll down and get the flavour of music currently on the radio).

I also would like to share with you one webpage where I regularly follow Japanese "dramas" or "dorama" (very useful to improve my Japanese skills and also certainly interesting for understanding the culture!). They have English subtitles so it is easy to follow. This page also has Korean and Taiwanese dramas and movies but I concentrated on the Japanese ones to focus better on the language.

Some of the ones that I followed:

- "Haken no Hinkaku" (about a temporary worker in a Japanese Company) - I liked it a lot!
- "Absolute Boyfriend (Zettai Kareshi)"
- "Real clothes" (is a 2009 dorama)"
- "Magerarenai Onna (the unbending woman)" - Still going on on TV

http://www.mysoju.com/

I have to go... to welcome mum, dad and sis!!.
Will be away for tourism, sightseing, enjoy life and enjoying Japan for a few days. Take care! Kiwotsukete!

No comments:

Post a Comment