Sunday 28 February 2010

Last day of February, last day of the Olympic games in Vancouver, Tokyo marathon and last day at work


What do you think this is?
Some weeks ago I saw this ad on the train.
Japan is a country where you can find new products in the market almost every day
. Yes, you are right, milk and vinegar! I have never tried it and am not attracted by it. On the other hand, I did try "Apple juice with vinegar" some months ago and was not so bad after all!

Updating you about the last days...many, many things going on. I am preparing now the final exams for tomorrow and after tomorrow. After that, pure holiday! (and preparation to go back to The Netherlands :-( .


Emotional week ahead.... and the one that has just finished.



I have realized listening to the radio that today is the last day of the Olympic games in Vancouver, only a couple of weeks ago I was watching the Opening ceremony. Every night, before going to bed I watched different events on TV and the day after I confirmed by reading the newspaper after work.

During the last days, wonderful days in Tokyo. Around 17ยบ C several days, which made difficult to come back to work after lunch outside...

Although it has been a looong week, I also had the time for social life. On Tuesday, Kyoko and Ohkawa-san surprised me taking me to one of the finest sushi restaurants in one of the most famous hotels in Tokyo (Okura hotel) which is located not far from work. It was very pleasant time and loved the menu offered! :-) Thanks to both!

On Wednesday evening, with other colleagues from work (not from my team or department but some other departments and people that have been at the EPO in Europe sometime) took me to a Karaoke party in which besides nice dinner I had promised to sing Japanese songs... and did not disappoint! ;-) but I have to say that after this event... I went back to work!

This last week, also the last week at work and had to hand in several presentations and projects for both, the University and work. I have gone home with the last train (like many Japanese and several of my co-workers) several days. By Friday, you can imagine... terribly tired.

On Friday (26th Feb.), small farewell speech at work because I will come back "comme il faut" on 9th March to offer myself a drink in a more relaxed atmosphere. Also my colleagues were extremely busy organizing a big event for next week. However, many colleagues had the time to come to my desk and offer some presents, which I appreciated so much. Futhermore, the closes team invited me for "farewell dinner" to eat Yaki-niku and Shabu-shabu as I had told them some time ago that had never tried it (and actually loved it and recommend!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakiniku

On Saturday, early morning, the last Japanese one-to-one class with Taira sensei.

During the weekend, not very nice weather. Today Sunday, the "Tokyo marathon 2010". More than 32ooo runners (and many of them that were out because their number did not come out on the draw!). Impressive! The starting point was very near my apartment (5 min by bike). At 8:30 in the morning I was already on my way but the way it was raining and after watching for 25 minutes runners, I decided that it was too much -I had no sensitivity in my hands anymore!-). Our italian friend and colleague, Francesco, was lucky enough to be able to run the race. I could see lots of foreigners and lots of humorous fancy dresses (cosplay characters, Michael Jackson, World cup...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay ).

At 9:45 I felt in urge to come back home for a nice bath with warm water and start studying for tomorrow.

This week, interesting one. I am going to a tea-ceremony together with work colleague Tsuda-san http://www.japan-zone.com/culture/sado.shtml. I promised to go out with Katagiri-san and some others and the weekend will go skiing with Sakano-san and some other colleagues from work (some I know, some I don´t). Also, preparing the graduation ceremony and the trip that my parents and sister will do from March 15th.



From Wednesday, I expect to have a little bit more time to update this blog and to catch up posting some pictures.

For the moment, one that I had for long time... as you know Japan is a country where there is launching of new products almost every day. Some months ago, I saw this ad on the train to work . Yes, a drink of milk and vinegar! I have never tried it and am not attracted by it.

I go for now, will come back soon! otsukaresamadeshita! (Hope you like this song!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yE9m0Xt3MQ

No comments:

Post a Comment