Wednesday 30 June 2010

Some pictures from the first day

I went to Uniqlo to check the Japanese fashion. I imagined that, as it is Festival times and in summer, some Yukatas would be sold. Unfortunately, last year, with all the "settling" the season finished and I did not have my Yukata (except for the one that my "host mother" in Hitachi gave me. Indeed they were some nice ones and I got one and here you can have a look at some of the prints from this year.
Also in Uniqlo, on the men´s floor, I was surprised to see some t-shirts that show publicity. This above is one example. I wonder... has KLM pay for such a publicity or is free promotion?
It is not my style to pay for something and make publicity while wearing a garment, that´s may be why I did not buy it! ;-) (besides, my flight to Japan was with KLM and did not have small TV where I could chose the movies I wanted to watch... and I am used to this kind of planes for long flights!)

Shinjuku as well. I always passed by this shop but never dared to take a picture (always people around). This time, I could kindly ask in Japanese if they did not mind to move a bit for the picture.. so here you have the image of a huge "Hello Kitty", the most famous kitten in the world.
Shinjuku, nishiguchi (West Exit): Next to the station, in a area full of restaurants. Plenty of T-shirts from the team that have participated in the World Cup in South Africa. I discuss with the vendor about the Blue Samurai, the kanji from the T-shirt, soccer in general...
Yesterday in Shibuya, I also visited the official shop from a famous sport wear company. There, huge prices for the "official"T-shirts. I want to get one for me but if waited for a few days may be would get them with discount?? I will go today again! ;-)

In this shop, there was a very cheerful atmosphere and the music helped. I asked about the song and was referred to it as the group "Exile" (I know a few Jpop groups but not this one). I loved the song and will keep it in my ears for long remembering the "hope" and good times that the Blue Samurai have given to Japanese... and not so Japanese :-)

Here the link to the video

No comments:

Post a Comment