Thursday 1 July 2010

July... starting the sales

Wow... today I really slept long! :-))
I am at Valentina´s place, who is kindly hosting me during this days while she is preparing for an advance Japanese language exam.

The thing is that as I had some jet-lag and the previous nights I had hardly slept due (thanks) to the soccer championship, I really needed to catch up for next exciting days ;-) (starting from today, spotted another place near my new address to watch the matches without worrying about the last train at midnight).

Today I went to say hello to the volunteer teachers from the "Shinjuku Multicultural Plaza" where used to go to practice Japanese once a week. I have met by coincidence with the friend of my Korean friend (Kim, of course!). This friend of Kim comes from Uzbekistan and in one year has learnt more Japanese that I could ever dream in my life. I admire him so much! :-) He will enter Japanese University in September.
I have also seen Ryoji-san, who did not expect me and was gladly surprised. After their lesson, we went to a nice taiwanese restaurant.

Many people on the streets today (but that is quite normal in this city -and one of the sides that I love ;-)) After a while, realized that it was the beginning of the "sales" period and can be really good. The choice is so big that it is not fun anymore to go shopping. Then I have problems with the sizes... so no paradise for me. I concentrate on the social life!

Yesterday I went on a "ladies-night" out with 3 Japanese girls, Valentina and Julie (who, by the way, is a French illustrator and happens to know the author of the books from my post 2 days ago! -small world!-. Lots of nice chatting and getting to know a new "layer" of Japanese mentality. Specially I was impressed by Risako-san. It was the first time I met her but is certainly a person to keep in touch with.

I don´t have Internet access at Valentina´s place so the updates will not be as often as you may expect ;-)

Kind regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment